Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tax Free Weekend! August 3rd - 5th!

This weekend is Tax Free Weekend in Virginia for school supplies and clothing. I plan to do most of my back to school shopping this weekend, I just need to get their school supply lists! I was finally able to view my son's school supply list today, but my daughter's has not been released yet.  Usually I have almost everything purchased by now, but the sales have not been that great this year. And I usually don't get too much on tax free weekend because I hate the crowds; I'll brave them on Black Friday, but I try to avoid them any other time. Also, the sales before tax free weekend in previous years, made items less than buying them tax free.

I must admit I have an abnormal obsession with stationary/school supplies.......I love the smell of new crayons, fresh paper, freshly sharpened pencils, new books......weird I know! But that's me! I have to practice restraint in this area of my life, because these supplies are supposed to be for the kids, but I always find something that I need! Lol! I've purchased a few things so far - glue sticks, crayons, folders, binders, sharpie markers, and a few mechanical pencils - but I have a lot more to get.

So far, this is what is on my list:
Uniforms
(8 shirts, 8 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of shorts, 2 skirts, 2 pkgs. socks, 4 pkgs. undershirts)
2 Bookbags
2 Pair of Sneakers
4 binders
6 packs of tab dividers
10 Packs of Loose leaf paper
2 Packs of Highlighters
#2 pencils (not mechanical)
2 Packs Pencil Cap Erasers
1 Package of red pens
6 Black and White Composition Book
6 Wire Bound Notebooks
2 Packs of Glue Sticks
Book Covers   (My Dad made ours, from paper bags & paper tape, and they lasted all year!)
8 Pencil Sharpeners
4 Packs of Colored Pencils
1 3-Ring Hole Puncher
2 Packs of Loose Leaf paper reinforcers
3 Calculators
1 Pencil Pouch
4 Packs of index cards
1 Pack of Construction Paper
2 Pair of Scissors
4 Boxes of Tissues
2 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer
2 Boxes of Storage Bags
Dictionary
Thesaurus

**Whew! I think that's what I will need to buy! Hopefully my daughter's list won't greatly differ from what I think a fourth grader needs! **

These are the deals I am looking forward to today:
Office Depot Deals
** Remember to use your Office Depot Worklife Card! **
Office Depot Brand Composition Books – $0.25 (limit 3)
Office Depot Ballpoint Pens, 10 ct – $0.25 (limit 3)
Personal Hand Sanitizer with Clip $0.25

OfficeMax Deals
**  Remember to use your MaxPerks Rewards Card!  **
Dixon #2 Pencils, 10 pk – $0.10 (limit 2)
Paper Mate Write Bros Blue or Black Ballpoint Pens, 10 pk – $0.10 (limit3)
Backpacks/Messenger Bags – $11.99 – $139.99
$11.99 – $139.99 Max Perks Rewards ~ (limit 2)
Net Price FREE after Rewards!


Target Deals
RoseArt Glue Sticks, 2 ct – $0.25
Norcom 1-subject Notebooks, 70 sheets – $0.17
10 pack Wood #2 Pencil $1.00
10 count Papermate Pens $1.00

Walgreens Deals
Wexford 5″ Hard Handle Scissors – $0.49 (limit 2)
Penway Colored Pencils, 12 pk – $0.69
Hard Handle Scissors $0.49 (with in ad coupon)
Paper Mate Pens or Mechanical Pencils $0.29
Wexford 2-Pocket Folder $0.09

Walmart Deals
***Remember that Walmart will do a price comparison to other stores if they have the same brand***
1-Subject Notebooks, 70 sheets - $0.17
Fiskars 12 in. Ruler $0.25
GB Sony Flash Drive $3.97

Are you a couponer or frugal shopper; if so, how much do you think all of this will cost? How much do you usually spend for back to school items? I will update you on my shopping expedition and expenses................stay tuned!

In the meantime I'd love to hear from you; leave a comment below!

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment