Wednesday, June 25, 2014

~ Summer Planning ~


  Now that we are 1 1/2 weeks into our summer vacation, I am just sitting down to plan out our activities and meals! I wanted to have this all done before school ended so that we could seamlessly flow right into our summer break; but well, you know how things go! So finally, I am taking the time to get our schedule planned, bucket list filled out and meals figured out.

  The kids and I sat down yesterday after our (free) trip the movies and figured out all the fun things that we wanted to do this summer; and I created a 2014 Summer Bucket List. It seems pretty lofty, but I hope that we can accomplish most, if not all, of the things on the list.


  I also found some cute printables around the blogosphere that I will use to help keep us organized this summer. The first is a cute meal planner that I found over at hello, Cuteness! It is designed for lunch planning, but I am going to plan all of our meals on it -- just use a different color pen to write out our breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.


I found some cute printable chore charts for the children over at i should be mopping the floor. I had printed some previously, but they did not have enough slots for chores. Not that I am working my children to the bone ;) but there are some things that I would like to put on there so that I won't have to the remind them everyday!


And finally, I found some pretty calendars with a monthly to-do list on the side over at The Organised Housewife that I will hang in a central location, so that everyone will know what the day's activities are. 


Since my children don't attend camp, I still want them to have fond memories of their summer vacations. I started "Camp Cunningham" a few years ago to give them the camp experience at home. Each year they protest the camp (they just want to sit at home all day and play video games or on the computer) but end up having so much fun and making memories that will last a lifetime. 

So what do you have planned for this summer? How do you keep organized and get it all done? I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoy!
Keisha



No comments:

Post a Comment