Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Shopping Trip Today


  My shopping trip today didn't go as planned :( Today I decided I would try to stick with a $50 per week grocery budget.  So I made a list, got my coupons together and was ready to brave the stores! But first, I wanted to stop by Bath & Body Works to pick up some spray that I was running out of since they were having the Valentine's Day party.  Well they raised the price of the spray, and I think that they are having a sale to get spray free starting tomorrow, so I didn't get it.  But then baby boy wanted to go to Gamestop, and baby girl wanted to go to Claire's and Aeropostale so we ended up walking around the mall area.
  We went to Target and purchased a few things. But as I was walking out of the store I noticed that something rang up incorrectly, so I had to go to customer service to get that corrected.  After that delay we noticed that it started to SNOW.........heavily!! So we cleaned off the car and headed to Walmart (I was determined to get this shopping done!) Walmart was packed, but I trudged on.  After picking up the second item on the list, they made an announcement that the computers are down and they are only doing cash transactions! Uggghhhh!! So we put the items back and headed back out to the car. We drove to Farm Fresh to pick up the remaining items. So here is the breakdown:

Target
1 Baked Lays (my guilty pleasure!)
2 Godiva Milk Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Bars (for teacher's Valentines Day present)
1 Yes to Carrots Body Butter 1oz. (free after coupon)
1 Heart Shaped Bowl (something cute to carry treats in for Ladies Bible Study)
Total: $8.61

Farm Fresh
1 Box of Cookie Crisp Cereal
1 Box of Trix Cereal
2 Boxes Frosted Toast Crunch Cereal
1 Gallon of Milk
Total: $11.29
**But I received a coupon for $2.00 off my next shopping trip and a coupon for a free gallon of milk. So together that's a value of $5.79.**

** I received the bananas for free from my neighbor **

So all in all today I spent $19.90. Not bad, but not great. I'm trying to get back into the swing of couponing. I have $30.10 to complete my shopping for the week. I'll keep you posted! But I did learn two very important lessons today: 1) Get up and get out early -- If I had gone out earlier I would not have been out in the snow and could have completed my shopping at Walmart; and 2) Make sure to check your receipt before you leave the store -- I saved myself $1.00 and a trip back to the store to correct the problem.

Did you score any great deals this weekend? Let me know, I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment